Taylor Swift gives away $30k to international student
An 18-year-old Portuguese student is “over the moon” as Taylor Swift donated $30,000 to help her cover her college expenses.
The student, Vitoria Mario had set up a GoFundMe page through which Swift donated the money. The page was to raise funds because Mario was not eligible for U.K. college loans or grants, having moved to London from Portugal four years ago.
"Victoria, I came across your story online and I am so inspired by your drive and dedication to turn your dreams into reality. I want to give you the rest of your goal amount and good luck with everything you do! Love, Taylor,” the singer wrote on her page.
Speaking to BBC Radio on Friday, Mario shred "I didn't know what to do. Even the message was really nice. I don't know how [Swift] saw it. If it was someone from the U.K. I would be less surprised."
She also said that she be Taylor’s fan "for the rest of my life," and will study well "to make Taylor proud.”
"I want to thank her with all my heart," said Mario.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020