China gifts 50 motorcycles and 200 bulletproof vests for CPEC security
GILGIT — The Chinese government has provided 50 motorcycles and 200 bulletproof jackets to Gilgit-Baltistan government as a friendly gesture to ensure the security of the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
The donantion is a part of an agreement signed between Xinjiang province of China and GB government.
Sanaullah Abbasi, inspector general of police GB handed over the keys of motorcycles and bulletproof jackets to the superintendents of police during a ceremony on Thursday.
He said motorcycles would be used by the police for patrolling the CPEC route.
Gilgit SSP Tanveerul Hasan said the GB police were being provided with modern equipment and would ensure the security of the multi-billion dollar development project and Chinese citizens working on that projects.
- Sadia Imam not leaving showbiz, they are all rumors02:03 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019