PM Imran breaks ground for Gwadar Int’l Airport, announces uplift schemes
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Friday launched work on New Gwadar International Airport (NGIAP) and announced various other development schemes for the city, what he believed would become an engine of growth for Pakistan .
“What a pleasure it is to be in Gwadar . Insha Allah, in coming months, years, Gwadar would be, I see, as engine of growth for Pakistan ,” he said addressing the groundbreaking ceremony of the airport.
The event was attended by federal ministers, Balochistan chief minister, parliamentarians, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Chinese Ambassador in Pakistan Yao Jing besides huge number of Chinese workers and government officials.
The airport was included among Early Harvest High Priority Project of China Pakistan Economic Corridor in January 2014. The Chinese government would assist Pakistan for construction of the airport under Chinese Grant Assistance.
Prime Minister of Pakistan @ImranKhanPTI Speech at groundbreaking ceremony of new Gwadar international airport in Balochistan (29.03.19)#PrimeMinisterImranKhan #CPEC #GwadarExpo19— Tehreek-e-Insaf (@InsafPK) March 29, 2019
The project is part of overall infrastructure development of Balochistan. It would be developed as a green-field facility with all modern facilities for safe operation.
The new Gwadar airport would be able to accommodate large aircraft such as A380. The project would comprise a modern terminal building with cargo terminal having initial handling capacity of 30,000 tons per year.
PM Imran to embark on a three-day ... 09:57 AM | 29 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will leave Islamabad for a three-day visit to Balochistan and Sindh and Punjab ...
The prime minister, who earlier unveiled the plaque of the project, thanked Chinese ambassador for the grant given by the Chinese government for the airport.
He welcomed the participants of the expo and said the event would grow with each coming year.
He assured the fishermen not to worry about their sustenance owing to the construction of the highway as special bridges would be built to facilitate them.
Any development would be of no use unless it benefited the local people, he added.
The premeir said in the past, the locals were ignored while executing the development projects in Balochistan.
PM Khan performs groundbreaking of Balochistan ... 03:35 PM | 29 Mar, 2019
QUETTA - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday performed groundbreaking of Balochistan Health Complex, and Quetta - Zhob ...
Pm Khan said gas worth billions of rupees was extracted from Sui but it could not change the living standard of the local people.
He said it was pleasing that the capacity of the hospital in Gwadar would be enhanced and a vocational training institute would also help create employment opportunities.
The prime minister announced to launch Insaf Sehat Card to provide health insurance cover worth Rs720,000 to every family.
He said previously power was being transmitted from Iran, but now the government had decided to link the area with national grid.
A desalination plant would also be set up in the city and under Clean and Green Pakistan , one million saplings would be planted. Besides, a solid waste management system would also be established to protect the area from pollution.
He said following the models of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, the government had decided to recycle water in Gwadar to water the plants.
He told the gathering that Gwadar and Quetta would be linked through railways as it was the best travel mode but unfortunately, Pakistan had been lagging behind in this sector. He said Chinese support was being sought for up-gradation of the railways system as the country had the most advanced rail system. He said one could travel from Karachi to Lahore within four hours if you take Chinese train.
Prime Minister Khan said he was looking forward to extending bilateral cooperation with China during his upcoming visit in late April in various fields like train technology, agriculture and cage fishery.
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, Pompeo discuss bilateral cooperation, regional security ...08:47 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019