Ali Zafar breaks silence on legal battle with Meesha Shafi
The latest development in the defamation battle between Ali Zafar and Meesha Shafi has entered a new phase as Lahore High Court overturned a stay order on defamation case against Ali filed by Meesha.
Soon after the news spread like wildfire, the Aya Lariye shared the development on Twitter while sharing a picture with her lawyer and celebrating the victory,
However, the Teefa in Trouble star has now come forward with a response and dubbed the new development ” a self-proclaimed victory”.
Taking to his Twitter handle, the Pehli si Muhabbat singer slammed the viral news of the verdict that has been vastly projected on social media and he labelled the news 'misinformation' and 'lies'.
"Some “criminals”, after warrants were issued against them, are celebrating some self proclaimed victory by spreading complete misinformation and lies. There is NO such verdict as projected. I’ve been quite patient with all this smear but shall v soon set the record straight", she captioned.
Some “criminals”, after warrants were issued against them, are celebrating some self proclaimed victory by spreading complete misinformation and lies. There is NO such verdict as projected. I’ve been quite patient with all this smear but shall v soon set the record straight! ????— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) January 20, 2022
When I do this, it will be done with undeniable facts and evidence. I’ve mostly been silent to what actually transpired, to allow some face saving for them but now I feel they don’t really deserve it. Each and everyone, their links, their connections, the money, everything !— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) January 20, 2022
Moreover, the overturning of the stay order resulted in the defamation case against Ali Zafar to move forward. On the other hand, Shafi has filed a suit of 2 billion rupees against Ali Zafar.
Meesha Shafi cheers as court reopens defamation ... 10:53 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court has allowed a petition filed by singer Meesha Shafi by setting aside a session ...
- Brazilian football legend Pelé feels ‘strong' after recent ...01:05 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Quetta court grants police five-day physical remand of Azam Swati in ...12:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- PTI lawmaker likely to be arrested over protest outside Peshawar ...11:51 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- IS claims attack on Pakistan’s top diplomat in Afghanistan11:18 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Madhuri Dixit recreates Pakistani TikTok girl's dance moves on 'Mera ...07:38 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- #Aaobaatkarein - Pakistani celebrities spread awareness on World AIDS ...11:41 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022