Ali Zafar breaks silence on legal battle with Meesha Shafi
The latest development in the defamation battle between Ali Zafar and Meesha Shafi has entered a new phase as Lahore High Court overturned a stay order on defamation case against Ali filed by Meesha.
Soon after the news spread like wildfire, the Aya Lariye shared the development on Twitter while sharing a picture with her lawyer and celebrating the victory,
However, the Teefa in Trouble star has now come forward with a response and dubbed the new development ” a self-proclaimed victory”.
Taking to his Twitter handle, the Pehli si Muhabbat singer slammed the viral news of the verdict that has been vastly projected on social media and he labelled the news 'misinformation' and 'lies'.
"Some “criminals”, after warrants were issued against them, are celebrating some self proclaimed victory by spreading complete misinformation and lies. There is NO such verdict as projected. I’ve been quite patient with all this smear but shall v soon set the record straight", she captioned.
Some “criminals”, after warrants were issued against them, are celebrating some self proclaimed victory by spreading complete misinformation and lies. There is NO such verdict as projected. I’ve been quite patient with all this smear but shall v soon set the record straight! ????— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) January 20, 2022
When I do this, it will be done with undeniable facts and evidence. I’ve mostly been silent to what actually transpired, to allow some face saving for them but now I feel they don’t really deserve it. Each and everyone, their links, their connections, the money, everything !— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) January 20, 2022
Moreover, the overturning of the stay order resulted in the defamation case against Ali Zafar to move forward. On the other hand, Shafi has filed a suit of 2 billion rupees against Ali Zafar.
Meesha Shafi cheers as court reopens defamation ... 10:53 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court has allowed a petition filed by singer Meesha Shafi by setting aside a session ...
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Zameen.com organises first edition of Pakistan Property Event in Qatar08:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022