EU lauds ‘Green and Clean Pakistan’ initiatives
ISLAMABAD - European Union (EU) has lauded the Green and Clean Pakistan initiatives launched by the present government over last two years for overall environmental conservation and protection.
The appreciation came during a meeting between European Union's delegation to Pakistan and Advisor to Prime Minister on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam in Islamabad today (Tuesday).
Both sides discussed at length various matters of bilateral collaboration in green economic recovery through investment and green job creations, environmental sustainability, climate change, forest management, air pollution and water conservation and protection for boosting latter's climate resilience against unfolding climate change-caused disasters.
Deputy Head of EU Mission Anne Marchal expressed the desire to enhance EU countries' contribution through enhanced investment in green sectors.
Malik Amin Aslam welcomed the interests of the European Union and its offer to join Pakistan's green and clean initiatives.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020