Heroic Afghan girl kills Taliban fighters with AK-47 over parents’ murder
KABUL – An Afghan girl killed three Taliban fighters in a gun battle ensured after insurgents shot dead her parents in front of her at their home in the province of Ghor because they supported the government.
Qamar Gul, 15, was at her home in the village of Gerviveh along with her parents when a group comprising 40 Taliban militants stormed the place and killed her mother and father in last week.
As she witnessed the death of her parents, she took her father’s AK-47 rifle and shot dead three of the assailants. She remained engaged in gunfight with insurgents for one hour along with her 12-year-old brother, Habibullah.
Following it, other Taliban fighters also joined the attack but they were expelled after some villagers and pro-government security personnel responded to the incident.
Afghan officials have taken Qamar Gul and her younger brother to a safe place in the provincial capital.
Social media flooded with praise for the brave Afghan girl over his courageous action against the militants.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020