Intra-Afghan peace talks in China next week
KABUL - A fresh round of intra-Afghan peace talks will be held in China next week.
In a statement, Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen said the talks planned for 28 and 29 of this month will be the first meeting between Taliban and prominent Afghans hailing from Kabul since the previous round of talks held in Doha, the capital of Qatar in July.
Meanwhile, the US State Department said Washington's Special Envoy on Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad has started a fresh round of talks with European, NATO and UN allies about ending the war in Afghanistan, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The State Department further said that Zalmay Khalilzad will later meet Russian and Chinese representatives to discuss shared interests in seeing the war in Afghanistan come to an end.
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tests positive for ...06:28 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Passing out parade of Pakistan Navy SEAL Course held at Karachi05:44 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020