Intra-Afghan peace talks in China next week
KABUL - A fresh round of intra-Afghan peace talks will be held in China next week.
In a statement, Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen said the talks planned for 28 and 29 of this month will be the first meeting between Taliban and prominent Afghans hailing from Kabul since the previous round of talks held in Doha, the capital of Qatar in July.
Meanwhile, the US State Department said Washington's Special Envoy on Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad has started a fresh round of talks with European, NATO and UN allies about ending the war in Afghanistan, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The State Department further said that Zalmay Khalilzad will later meet Russian and Chinese representatives to discuss shared interests in seeing the war in Afghanistan come to an end.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020