Intra-Afghan peace talks in China next week
KABUL - A fresh round of intra-Afghan peace talks will be held in China next week.
In a statement, Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen said the talks planned for 28 and 29 of this month will be the first meeting between Taliban and prominent Afghans hailing from Kabul since the previous round of talks held in Doha, the capital of Qatar in July.
Meanwhile, the US State Department said Washington's Special Envoy on Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad has started a fresh round of talks with European, NATO and UN allies about ending the war in Afghanistan, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The State Department further said that Zalmay Khalilzad will later meet Russian and Chinese representatives to discuss shared interests in seeing the war in Afghanistan come to an end.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019