103-year-old Pakistani man defeats coronavirus
PESHAWAR – A Pakistani centenarian has recovered from deadly Covid-19, a disease that has claimed over 5,500 lives in the country since its outbreak in the country in March this year.
The 103-year-old man, Abdul Aleem, is resident of Upper Chitral and was under treatment for two weeks after contracting the virus.
He was being provided medical treatment at a public hospital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP). Doctors have expressed happiness over the recovery of the elder man.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 267,428, according to the latest official data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 5,677, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 210,468 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 2,090, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 2,041 and 1,147 fatalities respectively. Islamabad has recorded 160 fatalities; Balochistan, 133 deaths; Azad Kashmir, 47; and Gilgit Baltistan, 43.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020