Arshad Nadeem reaches javelin throw final at World Athletics Championship 2022
Pakistani star Olympian Arshad Nadeem has qualified for the final round of javelin throw competition at the World Athletics Championship 2022 being played in Oregon, USA.
The 25-year-old is among the 12 other players, including India’s Neeraj Chopra, who have reached the final round which will be played on Saturday.
Being in group B, Arshad Nadeem finished ninth in the qualifiers earlier and his best throw was 81.71m that helped him booking a place in the final round.
He will be joined by Germany’s Anderson Peters, Germany’s Julian Weber, Czech Republic’s Jakub Vedlejch, Egypt’s Ehab Abdelrehman, Finland’s Oliver Helander, Japan’s Roderick Genki Dean, USA’s Curtis Thompson, Maldives’ Andrian Maldare, India’s Rohit Yadav and Finland’s Lassi Etelatalo in the final show.
Arshad shot to fame last year when he became the first Pakistani athlete to qualify for the Olympics and the first to reach a track-and-field final.
Tokyo Olympics: Pakistan's Arshad Nadeem misses ... 04:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2021
TOKYO – Pakistan's hope for winning Olympics medal ended on Saturday despite a spectacular show by Arshad Nadeem, ...
- PMDC restored as Senate approves amendment bill11:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022