Meet South Korea's Peter Pan - the man who can't grow up
Hyomyung Shin, from Korea, suffers from a rare condition called the 'Highlander Syndrome', which prevents his body from physically aging and slowing his growth to almost a halt.
With his soft voice, short stature and chubby cheeks, the young teenage-looking man enjoys hitting nightclubs on weekends, drinking alcohol and having a boogie on the dancefloor, the Daily Mail reported.
Dubbed as the Peter Pan of Korea, he often gets mistaken for a child because of his hairless soft skin, forcing him to show his identity card to prove he was born in 1989.
Appearing in a local television documentary, Mr Shin was seen dancing in his pyjamas inside his home before getting dressed into a formal suit to casual jeans, hooded jumper and a baseball cap.
Behind his bedroom door, he has a pin-up poster of Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson, confessing his desire to meet a beautiful girl one day.
During the program, the baby-faced man, who claims he still hasn't hit puberty, had a makeover in an attempt to look older but unfortunately, he still appeared young.
Photographs emerged from his childhood, showing Mr Shin appearing to have developed normally as a kid but his growth suddenly stopped in his teenage years.
The film also shows Mr Shin, who is 163 centimetres tall, going on a date in a cafe with a young woman who appeared shocked when he told her his age.
Despite his condition, doctors said Mr Shin is in good health.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020