India to overtake China, become world's most populous country by 2024: UN report
The World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision, published by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, said that currently China with 1.41 billion inhabitants and India with 1.34 billion remain the two most populous countries, comprising 19 and 18% of the total global population respectively.
“In roughly seven years, or around 2024, the population of India is expected to surpass that of China,” the report said.
According to the new estimates, India and China are expected to have roughly a population of 1.44 billion each. After that, India's population is projected to continue growing for several decades to around 1.5 billion in 2030 and approaching 1.66 billion in 2050, while the population of China is projected to remain stable until the 2030s, after which it may begin a slow decline.
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sindh delays board exams amid spike in Covid cases10:10 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021