PM Imran condoles death of Sharifs' mother
Prime Minister Imran Khan has offered his condolences and prayers to the Sharif family on the passing of Begum Shamim Akhtar, the mother of Nawaz Sharif and Shehbaz Sharif.
My condolences and prayers go to the Sharif family on the passing of Mian Nawaz and Mian Shahbaz Sharif's mother. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 22, 2020
The 89-year-old breathed her last in London after having developed a severe chest infection. She was also suffering from an advanced stage of Alzheimer's Disease.
Her condition had deteriorated over the last week and she could not regain her health due to old age.
Mother of Nawaz, Shehbaz Sharif passes away in ... 02:59 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – The mother of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and former chief minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif passed ...
Also today, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa expressed grief on the demise of Begum Shamim Akhtar.
According to the military's media wing, COAS Bajwa prayed for the departed soul.
Begum Shamim Akhtar was staying with her son at the Avenfield Apartments in London.
- How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on lavish wedding, reveals ...07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Virus-positive lawyer in Supreme Court to 'set precedent'06:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 second wave — University of Health Sciences Lahore ...05:50 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Urwa-Farhan 'separation' shocks social media09:57 PM | 24 Nov, 2020