Begum Shamim Akhtar: Condolences pour in for Sharifs’ mother
ISLAMABAD – Prominent figures in Pakistani politics have expressed their condolences over the over the death of Begum Shamim Akhtar, the mother of Nawaz Sharif and Shehbaz Sharif.
Begum Shamim Akhtar, 89, had developed a severe chest infection and was suffering from an advanced stage of Alzheimer's Disease. The deceased was receiving treatment at a London hospital and her body is currently kept at the Avenfield Apartments where she was staying with Nawaz Sharif.
In their separate condolence messages, both President Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan expressed their grief and sympathised with the bereaved family.
"My condolences and prayers go to the Sharif family on the passing of Mian Nawaz and Mian Shahbaz Sharif's mother. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un," the prime minister said in a tweet.
PM Imran condoles death of Sharifs' mother 05:47 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
Prime Minister Imran Khan has offered his condolences and prayers to the Sharif family on the passing of Begum Shamim ...
Similarly, on his Twitter handle and a message issued by his office, the president prayed for peace of the departed soul and strength to the family to bear the loss with fortitude.
My condolences to the Sharif family, on the death of Begum Shamim Akhtar, mother of Mian Nawaz Sharif & Mian Shahbaz Sharif. May her soul rest in peace.— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) November 22, 2020
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser and Deputy Speaker Qasim Khan Suri, in their separate condolence messages, conveyed their heartfelt grief to Nawaz Sharif Mian Shehbaz Sharif and prayed for the solace of the departed soul and the bereaved family.
مسلم لیگ ن کے قائد نواز شریف اور قائد حزب اختلاف شہباز شریف کی والدہ محترمہ شمیم اختر کے انتقال پر نہایت افسوس ہوا۔ اللہ تعالیٰ مرحومہ کے درجات کی بلندی اور اہل خانہ کو اس ناقابل تلافی نقصان کو برداشت کرنے کے لیے صبر جمیل عطاء فرمائے آمین۔— Asad Qaiser (@AsadQaiserPTI) November 22, 2020
Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairperson Bilawal Bhutto also conveyed his condolences to the Sharif family for their loss.
پی پی پی چیئرمین بلاول بھٹو زرداری کا میاں محمد نواز شریف سے تعزیت کا اظہار— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) November 22, 2020
بلاول بھٹوزرداری نے میاں نواز شریف سے ان کی والدہ کے انتقال پر دلی ہمدردی و افسوس کا اظہار کیا ہے
پی پی پی چیئرمین نے شہباز شریف اور مریم نواز سے بھی اپنی جانب سے تعزیت کا اظہار کیا ہے@BBhuttoZardari
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, while expressing profound grief, prayed for the departed soul and for Sharif family's strength in their enduring time.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa CM Mahmood Khan, in a statement, prayed to the Almighty for eternal peace to the departed soul and granting courage to bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss with fortitude.
Army chief expresses condolences on demise of ... 05:13 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has expressed grief on the sad demise of Begum ...
Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar, in his condolence statement, expressed a deep sense of sorrow and grief over the sad demise of Begum Shamim.
- ‘Adolf Hitler’ wins election in Namibia10:24 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:21 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 04 December 202008:18 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- How Punjabi Indians draw a parallel between Modi and Imran (VIDEO)11:31 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020