Nobody really cares about the movement, everybody cares about the headline: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap on #MeToo
He says that many people stay silent about it because they know their ordeal will not make a difference.
He said this when he told about his own horrifying experience, "When I was 19 years old, I spoke about sexual abuse because I went through it. When I had to speak about it, I did... A long time ago. I went on Aamir Khan’s show also and talked about it. So, it is not that I haven’t spoken about it. I did speak about it. Today, I have stopped talking because nobody really cares about the movement, everybody cares about the headline."
He further said that media is obsessed with “obsessed with Bollywood” when “sexual harassment exists” in every field.
“I think everyone needs to take that clue and find that courage to do something about it,” Anurag added.
- Kangana Ranaut posts a cryptic note after testing negative for ...07:31 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021