15th death anniversary of legendary singer Noor Jehan today
Noor Jehan was born to a music family on September 21, 1926 in Kasur. She was originally named as Allah Wasai and started her musical career from Calcutta at the age of nine.
She began her career as film star Mumbai which was then called Bombay however she moved to Lahore after independence in 1947. In Lahore Noor Jehan maintained the same repute of an excellent singer and actress.
She also directed film Chann in 1951 to become first female director of Pakistan. Her last film Ghalib was released in 1961.
Later in 1965 during the Pakistan-India war the patriotic songs of Noor Jehan became a source of strength for whole nation. The historic songs still remain equally famous among Pakistanis.
Noor Jehan died on December 23, 2000 in Karachi.
- Are Sanam Saeed and Mohib Mirza getting married? Here’s all you ...01:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- No Covid jabs in Sindh today amid vaccine shortage11:36 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Police deny Mandokhel's request for registering case against Firdous ...10:50 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, son arrested from Mianwali after 3 days of ...10:25 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021