British councillor suspended after flying to Pakistan to attend wedding
MANCHESTER – A local politician in United Kingdom who allegedly breached Covid-19 restrictions by flying to Pakistan and attending a wedding has been suspended by the Labour Party.
Photos were shared on Facebook allegedly showing Manchester City Councillor Aftab Razaq at the wedding in the city of Kharian.
Under the current Covid-19 rules in the UK, travelling abroad for holidays and other leisure purposes is illegal.
Photos show Razaq completely ignoring social distancing and not wearing a mask even though it is mandatory for attendees to wear a mask and follow SOPs in Pakistan.
Following the circulation of the photos, Razaq was suspended from the party.
Councillor Pat Karney, secretary of Manchester Labour, explained that he would “thoroughly investigate the matter”.
He said the Labour group had seen the photographs but “despite their best efforts”, they have not been able to contact the Whalley Range councillor.
Razaq had received a coronavirus vaccine in January 2021.
Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,050 new cases, 41 ... 08:50 AM | 23 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 41 people lost their lives due to the novel coronavirus infection while 1,050 fresh cases ...
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021