Pakistani newspaper's "clever", inaccurate headline on night of failed coup criticized by Turkey
ISLAMABAD - The Ambassador of Turkey to Pakistan Sadiq Babar Girgin has expressed disappointment at how a leading English-medium Pakistani newspaper covered last week's failed coup in the Turkish capital Ankara, while noting the gross inaccuracy of its headline, which proclaimed "Erdo-Gone".
The envoy said that the Turkish government had usually found the Pakistani media to be extremely cooperative.
However, on the night of the failed coup in Ankara, he said one Pakistani English newspaper had disappointed him with its coverage of the event, especially since the Turkish President Recep Erdogan had offered condolences to the then Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari when the owner of said newspaper had been martyred by one of his security guards in 2011.
The headline in question rather enthusiastically claimed success for the Turkish coup on the night it broke out. But soon after on the same day, most news agencies had reported the failure of the coup, casting doubt on the reporting procedures of the said newspaper.
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan squad for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 announced06:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019