Thousands pay last tribute to 'Qawwali champ' Amjad Sabri
Thousands showed up to pay their final respects and offer funeral prayers for the departed soul. The body of the deceased was shifted from the morgue to his house, where his friends, family and relatives paid him their final respects.
The legendary singer underwent the ritualistic ghusl or purifying bath before burial this morning.
The ambulance carrying Sabri's body was thronged by hundreds of supporters, who wanted to see a glimpse of their idol. The atmosphere at the occasion was poignant, as almost everyone gathered was in tears.
A heavy contingent of Rangers reached the Paposh Nagar graveyard to help control the crowd. Due to the presence of the large crowd, Sabri's relatives were finding it difficult to remove his body from the ambulance.
Sabri's Rasm-e-Qul will be held tomorrow (Friday) after Jummah prayer at Furkaniya mosque in Liaquatabad.
The great singer was killed in a gun attack by unidentified men in the Liaquatabad area on Wednesday.
- Pakistan likely to hike electricity tariff by Rs2.65/unit06:48 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Rule of law must for true democracy, says PM Imran at ...06:13 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Indian PM Modi wishes Muslim on Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:42 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021