Pakistan Army Chief, US defence secretary discuss bilateral cooperation
ISLAMABAD/WASHINGTON – Pakistan Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa Sunday held a telephonic conversation with Pentagon chief and US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin.
A statement issued by the US department of defence stated that Washington reiterates its commitment to further fortify cooperation with Islamabad. The US also thanked Pakistan’s top military leader for its continued support for establishing peace in Afghanistan.
Both sides discussed matters of mutual interests. Gen. Austin expressed willingness to bolster cooperation in other areas of mutual interest.
During the telephonic contact, Chief of Army Staff Gen. Bajwa conveyed Pakistan’s policy in building peace in Afghanistan. The Pentagon chief also hailed Pakistan’s commitment to ensure ceasefire on the Line of Control and resuming Pakistan India DG Military Operations communication.
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hong Kong bans flights from Pakistan, other countries over fears of ...01:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran vows to run collective campaign against blasphemous ...01:03 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Physical classes for grade 9 to 12 resume across Pakistan12:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021