Safety Investigation Board to hold inquiry into PIA plane crash in Karachi
KARACHI - Safety Investigation Board will hold thorough inquiry into the tragic incident of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane crash in Karachi.
Addressing a news conference in Karachi, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) PIA Air Marshal (Retd) Arshad Malik said that cause of the incident will be ascertained after taking all factors into account for the investigation.
There was no obvious reason of the accident, the PIA CEO said by adding that the crashed plane was technically fit for flying and was given clearance only after all technical checks are made.
The PIA CEO said landing of the plane is done after getting clearance from Civil Aviation Authority. He said the airplane of Airbus that crashed was totally fit and safe for flying.
He said PIA pilots are some of the best in the world and cabin crew was also qualified as well as inspection of the plane was regularly done.
Air Marshal (R) Arshad Malik said that PIA has vacated its hotels in Karachi to house the relatives of the deceased in the misfortunate incident.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020