Safety Investigation Board to hold inquiry into PIA plane crash in Karachi
KARACHI - Safety Investigation Board will hold thorough inquiry into the tragic incident of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plane crash in Karachi.
Addressing a news conference in Karachi, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) PIA Air Marshal (Retd) Arshad Malik said that cause of the incident will be ascertained after taking all factors into account for the investigation.
There was no obvious reason of the accident, the PIA CEO said by adding that the crashed plane was technically fit for flying and was given clearance only after all technical checks are made.
The PIA CEO said landing of the plane is done after getting clearance from Civil Aviation Authority. He said the airplane of Airbus that crashed was totally fit and safe for flying.
He said PIA pilots are some of the best in the world and cabin crew was also qualified as well as inspection of the plane was regularly done.
Air Marshal (R) Arshad Malik said that PIA has vacated its hotels in Karachi to house the relatives of the deceased in the misfortunate incident.
- ECP calls meeting to review PM Imran’s serious allegations12:23 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Punjab Talent Hunt 2021 set to start from next week12:08 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan greenlights Sinopharm, Sputnik-V vaccines for over-60s11:55 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Porto Montenegro’s BOKA Place – A Pioneering Urban-Inspired ...11:36 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- UBL selects PTCL for Primary Tier-3 Data Center Hosting11:02 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Sana Javed wins Best Actress award for Ruswai09:24 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Hania Amir slammed for preaching self love with an Instagram filter10:20 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Humaima Malick hopes to wear a hijab for the rest of her life09:54 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021