National Security Council huddle underway for policy response to Trump criticism
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is presiding over a meeting of National Security Council in Islamabad today (Thursday).
The meeting is being attended by foreign minister, interior minister, head of all armed forces and chief of joint staff of committee where a comprehensive response will be evolved regarding Trump's statement.
On Tuesday, a cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi discussed the statement of Trump and expressed disappointment for ignoring sacrifices rendered by Pakistan in war on terror.
Accusing Islamabad of harbouring “agents of chaos, violence, and terror” the tycoon-turned-president clarified his intent on Monday while announcing policy regarding South Asia to increase pressure on the country to stop any re-emergence of safe havens in order to gain regional peace, besides announcing increase of US troops in Afghanistan.
In the preliminary response, Foreign Office highlighted the fact that no country in the world has done more than Pakistan to weed out terrorism.
'Acknowledgement Not Assistance'
Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif on Tuesday said Pakistan did not need of US assistance to wage war on terrorist as Pakistani nation has brought the war to a conclusive end on their own.
“We are not looking for any material or financial assistance from US but trust, understanding and acknowledgment of our contributions".
“Collaboration and synergy of effort all stakeholders is the key to success to bring this long drawn war in Afghanistan to its logical conclusion,” the army chief added.
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- FBR directed to stop menace of fake and flying invoices10:10 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020