National Security Council huddle underway for policy response to Trump criticism
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is presiding over a meeting of National Security Council in Islamabad today (Thursday).
The meeting is being attended by foreign minister, interior minister, head of all armed forces and chief of joint staff of committee where a comprehensive response will be evolved regarding Trump's statement.
On Tuesday, a cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi discussed the statement of Trump and expressed disappointment for ignoring sacrifices rendered by Pakistan in war on terror.
Accusing Islamabad of harbouring “agents of chaos, violence, and terror” the tycoon-turned-president clarified his intent on Monday while announcing policy regarding South Asia to increase pressure on the country to stop any re-emergence of safe havens in order to gain regional peace, besides announcing increase of US troops in Afghanistan.
In the preliminary response, Foreign Office highlighted the fact that no country in the world has done more than Pakistan to weed out terrorism .
'Acknowledgement Not Assistance'
Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif on Tuesday said Pakistan did not need of US assistance to wage war on terrorist as Pakistani nation has brought the war to a conclusive end on their own.
“We are not looking for any material or financial assistance from US but trust, understanding and acknowledgment of our contributions".
“Collaboration and synergy of effort all stakeholders is the key to success to bring this long drawn war in Afghanistan to its logical conclusion,” the army chief added.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019