Internet, mobile services restored in Lahore
LAHORE – Internet and mobile phone services have been restored across Punjab capital after five days of partial shutdown in wake of the Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan protests.
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority did not cite an official reason for the suspension however local media reports stated that the government suspended the services to maintain public order and safety.
Earlier, the services in Chowk Yateem Khana and adjoining areas in a radius of 10km were suspended. Mall Road, Thokar Niaz Baig, Mozang, Data Darbar, Chauburji, Lytton Road, and Jail Road were the areas that faced internet blackout.
Mobile internet services disrupted in parts of ... 08:26 PM | 15 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – Wireless broadband internet services facing disruption in parts of the country, leaving the users in ...
An official of the Telecommunication Authority said that we have removed the restrictions on mobile data services.
On April 16, Social media services across Pakistan got temporarily suspended by the interior ministry. Services were then fully restored around 4 pm.
PTA suspends social media platforms across ... 11:33 AM | 16 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has suspended the most popular social media and instant ...
- LUMS receives regional recognition for its National Outreach Programme12:16 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Hamad Rashed Bin Ghadayer: Everyone should try and experience ...12:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Another 1,20000 doses of Chinese vaccine arrive in Pakistan12:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Govt likely to promote students of class 9, 11 without exams this ...11:47 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan records highest single-day vaccine coverage yet, over ...11:19 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar releases his rendition of Balaghal-Ula Bi-Kamaalihi05:53 PM | 4 May, 2021
- WATCH – Nora Fatehi invites fans to dance with her!03:30 PM | 4 May, 2021