Govt takes action against high prices of medicines
ISLAMABAD - The government has decided to reduce prices of eighty-nine medicines, including life-saving drugs, by fifteen percent with immediate effect in order to provide relief to people.
Special Assistant on Health Zafar Mirza announced the decision taken by the federal cabinet in today's meeting during a press briefing. He said the prices have been decreased under Medicine Pricing Policy 2018.
The Special Assistant said Prime Minister Imran KHan has directed to review medicine policy within two months.
He said National Medicine Policy is being prepared under which pharmaceutical sector will be regularized, Radio Pakistan reported.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on on Information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan, who was flanked by Mirza, also informed the media that that the cabinet has approved a special financial package for people living along the Line of Control in Azad Kashmir.
She said 33,498 families, who are direct victims of Indian shelling along the LoC, will be given Rs5,000 on quarterly basis under this package.
She said the cabinet gave green signal for one-time import of polio finger marker from India on the recommendations of World Health Organization (WHO).
Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan told that Prime Minister Imran Khan has also directed Chairman Capital Development Authority to take immediate steps to clear garbage and waste from Islamabad.
- Pakistan produces first fully-electric vehicles06:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China appreciates PM Imran Khan’s remarks about CPEC flagship ...05:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Dr Zafar contradicts media reports about outbreak of Coronavirus in ...05:01 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Babar, Hafeez fifties lead Pakistan to victory over Bangladesh in 2nd ...04:54 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019