UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework
ISLAMABAD – The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and Ministry of Interior launched a four-year technical assistance framework today which aims to strengthen the criminal justice response in Pakistan to prevent and counter terrorism.
A ceremony to this effect was held in Islamabad on Friday. Speaking on the occasion, Minister for Interior Ijaz Shah expressed gratitude to members of the international community for the trust bestowed upon the government of Pakistan and its counter-terrorism apparatus through this project.
Country Representative UNODC Dr Jeremy Milsom said we have come a long way since the initial discussions on this programme.
Secretary Ministry of Interior Yousaf Naeem highlighted the objective of the newly launched programme, and acknowledged the commitment of UNODC in delivering support to Pakistan.
Framework of this programme would encourage provinces to adopt a harmonized approach and common practices in preventing and countering terrorism, while enhancing information sharing and coordination amongst stakeholders.
The expected results of the Programme would assist in and contribute towards implementation of the National Action Plan and National Internal Security Policy of Pakistan.
- Sindh launches SMS service to verify vehicles’ registration10:47 AM | 21 Sep, 2020
- 10 dead, 35 feared trapped in India's Bhiwandi city building collapse10:31 AM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Acting is the perfect expression of my abilities: Ch Moazzam Ishaq02:27 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020