'Excise officer' nabbed by Karachi shopkeeper during raid
KARACHI – A man posing as an Excise officer was caught red-handed by the shop owner during a fake raid when the former forced the latter for bribe against the unpaid taxes.
The incident occurred in the Federal-B area of the Sindh capital when a fake excise officer conducted a raid at a shop and threatened the owner for not paying taxes.
Meanwhile, the shop owner reacted smartly and asked him to show his identity which he failed to produce.
Detecting suspicious behavior of the alleged fraudster, the shopkeeper held the suspect, Sajjad Mirza, and locked him inside his shop before calling the police.
Upon further investigation, it was revealed that the man is a personal assistant of some government officer instead.
The shop owner then handed him over to the police but cops have not lodged his complaint. They also reportedly let the suspect go.
FIA busts Karachi gang involved in online car ... 09:47 AM | 2 Nov, 2020
KARACHI – Federal Investigation Agency on Sunday arrested a member of a gang using an online marketplace to rob ...
- Pakistan reports 1,714 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths08:45 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 March 202108:17 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Lahore college lecturer killed after kite string slits throat11:02 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reminds PM Imran of his 'respect' for Chaudhry brothers as ...10:11 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021