Textile exports increase 2pc to $11.419 bln: SBP
The textiles exports from the country during July-April (2018-19) were recorded at $11.419 billion against the export of $11.176 billion during July-April (2017-18), showing an increase of 2.17 percent.
The textile commodities that contributed positively in external trade included articles of apparel and clothing accessories knitted, the export of which grew from $2242.023 million last year to $2508.329 million during the current fiscal year, showing growth of 11.87 percent.
The exports of articles of apparel or clothing accessories (not knitted) increased by 2.22 percent, from $2069.823 million to $2115.928 million whereas the exports other made-up textile articles increased by 0.39 percent, from $3383.728 million to $3397.174 million.
- UET appoints first female engineering professor in 100 years07:31 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Noor Mukadam killing case – Police seek suspect’s name be placed ...06:57 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan asks UN to probe India’s state-sponsored spying operation ...06:29 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Sindh reimposes restrictions from Monday amid spike in Covid cases05:38 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021