China, India agree to ease border tensions
BEIJING - China and India have agreed to take steps to ease tensions along a disputed stretch of their border in Ladakh.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian described recent media reports of 40 Chinese casualties in the conflict as "fake news".
Meanwhile, Indian media reports said that modalities for disengagement from all friction areas in eastern Ladakh were also discussed in the meeting and this will be taken forward by the both sides.
It is pertinent to be mention here that at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash last week at Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Earlier, China said that repeated Indian provocations and violations of LAC and commander-level agreement besides violent attack on negotiating Chinese officers and soldiers triggered fierce physical conflicts causing casualties.
- Russian Covid-19 vaccine Sputnik-V becomes third to be approved for ...02:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Karachi man posing as 'excise officer' gets caught during raid02:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Multan psychiatrist kills daughter, commits suicide 'over remarriage ...01:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani Ph.D. scholar bags top prize in Chinese essay competition12:14 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021