China, India agree to ease border tensions
BEIJING - China and India have agreed to take steps to ease tensions along a disputed stretch of their border in Ladakh.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian described recent media reports of 40 Chinese casualties in the conflict as "fake news".
Meanwhile, Indian media reports said that modalities for disengagement from all friction areas in eastern Ladakh were also discussed in the meeting and this will be taken forward by the both sides.
It is pertinent to be mention here that at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash last week at Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Earlier, China said that repeated Indian provocations and violations of LAC and commander-level agreement besides violent attack on negotiating Chinese officers and soldiers triggered fierce physical conflicts causing casualties.
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Housing minister Tariq Basheer Cheema tests positive for coronavirus08:26 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- New optical fibre cable operationalized from Khunjrab to Islamabad: ...07:39 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill another Kashmiri ahead of Martyrs’ Day06:59 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Saudi Arabia offers assistance for construction of Quran complex in ...06:48 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020