Govt decides to refund amount to all Pakistani intending Hajj pilgrims, says Qadri
ISLAMABAD – The government of Pakistan has decided to refund the amount to all intending pilgrims of Hajj after the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) announced ‘limited Hajj’ owing to COVId-19 pandemic.
In a statement issued in Islamabad, Minister for Religious Affairs Dr Noor-ul-Haq Qadri said that the refund procedure will be started soon.
The intending pilgrims will be informed through SMS after completing necessary procedure.
Dr Noor-ul-Haq Qadri also welcomed the decision taken by Saudi government about conduction of Hajj on a limited scale this year.
He said this decision has been taken in accordance with the Shariah keeping in view of the current situation.
Earlier, Saudi Arabia had announced not to allow international pilgrims and hold Hajj this year (2020) owing to the coronavirus pandemic.
In a tweet, Ministry of Hajj said in a statement that the decision has been taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020