Khawaja Asif released on bail after nearly six months
LAHORE – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Khawaja Asif has been released after the Lahore High Court (LHC) approved his bail in money laundering and assets beyond means case.
The high court had granted bail to the PML-N stalwart, who is admitted to hospital, on Wednesday against surety bonds worth Rs10 million.
Authorities of Kot Lakhpat Jail handed over the release order to the hospital staff while implementing the court orders.
Asif is admitted to Jinnah Hospital where he will stay for two more days as he has underwent a surgery.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has arrested the PML-N leader on December 29, 2020 from the residence of Ahsan Iqbal in Islamabad. He had filed bail petition in March 2021.
- Pakistan to move ICC against Indian cricket board over threats to ...08:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Lahore cop arrested for obscene act at woman during raid (VIDEO)07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban besiege key cities ...07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pillion riding allowed as Sindh revises certain Covid lockdown ...06:43 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021