Elle Fanning fainted at Cannes because her dress was too tight
According to Variety, Elle collapsed and fell off of her chair during a speech. Her sister Dakota Fanning, who was seated next to her, helped her to her feet and the two were “whisked” away by security.
An eyewitness at the dinner party also told Variety that the ceremony was “briefly paused,” Colin Firth offered to help, and Marion Cotillard placed a hand over her heart as Elle was taken away.
She later posted a picture with a thumbs up saying she is all good!
In the accompanying caption, she said: "Oops, had a fainting spell tonight in my 1950's Prada prom dress but it’s all good!! #dresstootight #timeofthemonth."
Jamil has now taken to Twitter to say this exemplifies a deeper issue in the fashion industry.
She wrote: "Jesus Christ, reading about Elle Fanning, a *very* thin actress fainting because her sample size Prada dress was too tight, and then blaming it on her period, rather than the fact that sample sizes are f***ing insane these days... is symptomatic of a huge problem in fashion.
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021