JuD chief Hafiz Saeed dubs Nawaz Sharif a traitor
In a brief media interaction after offering Friday prayer, the JuD chief also narrated his version as to why Nawaz Sharif was disqualified.
'Nawaz Sharif asks why he was ousted? I tell him he was ousted because he committed treason against Pakistan by developing friendship with Modi, killers of thousands of Muslims,' Saeed said.
The JuD chief went a mile more and maintained that Nawaz deserved to be removed for his peace overtures with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The religious personality also vowed to keep his struggle intact for the liberation of Indian-occupied-Kashmir.
'I fight for the case of Kashmiris. I will gather the people from across the country for the cause of Kashmir and we will try to help Kashmiris get their destination of freedom'.
Saeed, who has a $10 million US bounty on his head was freed by Lahore High Court after 11 months of house arrest.
Saeed was placed under house arrest in January while Nawaz was still prime minister.
He has been accused by the United States and India of masterminding the 2008 attacks on the Indian financial hub Mumbai that left 166 people dead. He, however, has repeatedly denied involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021