VIDEO: Five 'EU officials' killed as Malta plane crashes
The light aircraft went down in shortly after take-off from Malta International Airport at around 7.20am local time (6.20am BST) on Monday morning, The Independent reported.
— Nate Darmanin (@sleekn8) October 24, 2016
A witness told the Times of Malta the propeller plane suddenly tipped to its right side and "went straight down to the ground".
— Federica Mogherini (@FedericaMog) October 24, 2016
Television footage showed flames rising from wreckage near the runway, sending thick black smoke into the sky.
All flights to and from Malta International Airport were halted, The Times of Malta said on its website.
There was no immediate details on the identity or nationality of the victims.
The plane, a twin-prop Metroliner, can carry around 10 people.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022