Ishaq Dar likely to take charge as finance minister next week
LONDON – PML-N stalwart Ishaq Dar is expected to assume charge as new finance minister on Tuesday in next week.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, according to reports, took the decision during a meeting with PML-N supreme leader Nawaz Sharif and Dar in London on Saturday.
The development comes a day after Rana Sanaullah confirmed that Ishaq Dar, who has been staying in London for five years, will return to Pakistan next week.
Dar, himself, had said yesterday told Geo News that he will take oath as a Senator immediately after his return. The former finance minister said that he is ready to perform whatever duty is assigned to him the party leadership.
PM Shehbaz, along with Minister for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb arrived in London today after attending the 77th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York. He will return to Pakistan on Sunday.
Accountability court suspends Ishaq Dar’s ... 11:03 AM | 23 Sep, 2022
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court on Friday suspended the arrest warrants of former finance minister and PML-N ...
- Brazilian football legend Pelé feels ‘strong' after recent ...01:05 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Quetta court grants police five-day physical remand of Azam Swati in ...12:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- PTI lawmaker likely to be arrested over protest outside Peshawar ...11:51 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Madhuri Dixit recreates Pakistani TikTok girl's dance moves on 'Mera ...07:38 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- #Aaobaatkarein - Pakistani celebrities spread awareness on World AIDS ...11:41 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022