Woman chops off arm, foot for $150k in insurance money
Ly Thi N, 30, has admitted to paying the friend $2,200 to chop off the two limbs and claim she'd been struck by a train, reported the People's Police Newspaper of Vietnam. The insurance pay off would have been $150,000.
The police uncovered the scam after a three-month investigation. The woman's business was reportedly struggling, the UPI reports.
The friend, known as "Doan Van D," posed as a bystander last May who found her by the railroad track and called an ambulance.
"N hired D to cut her hand and foot, then continued to have him report false information to the police," Bac Tu Liem police chief, Nguyen Thanh Tung, told the Tuoi Tre newspaper.
Tung, who said the case was the first of its kind he'd seen, sent a warning that people should not attempt insurance fraud at the expense of their own health.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021