China introduces President Xi’s political ideology in national curriculum
BEIJING – China has decided to incorporate the political ideology of Chinese President Xi Jinping in its national curriculum.
The Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) in its new guidelines said that the "Xi Jinping Thought" will help "teenagers establish Marxist beliefs".
It said that the ideology will be introduced from primary school up to university.
The MOE said the move aimed "to cultivate the builders and successors of socialism with an all-round moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic grounding".
The guidelines include labour education to encourage student’s hard-working spirit and education on national security.
“Primary schools will focus on cultivating love for the country, the Communist Party of China, and socialism. In middle schools, the focus will be on a combination of perceptual experience and knowledge study, to help students form basic political judgments and opinions," state media outlet Global Times reported.
"In college, there will be more emphasis on the establishment of theoretical thinking," it added.
In 2018, China's top body integrated "Xi Jinping Thought" into the constitution.
CPEC to vigorously promote Pak-China cooperation, ... 08:43 AM | 22 Aug, 2020
BEIJING - In a letter to President Dr Arif Alvi, Chinese President Xi Jinping has said that his country was ready to ...
- SnackVideo secures ISO27001 and ISO27701 certification for security12:03 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Islamic Solidarity Games: Pakistan’s Shajar Abbas sets new national ...11:49 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- India troops kill four youth in occupied Kashmir ahead of ...11:21 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan players’ Test, ODI fees increased11:05 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sophia Mirza: robbery in Dubai, money-laundering, car theft, ...10:26 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Viral young couple Nimra and Asad blessed with first child (VIDEO)10:16 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill reacts to reports of removal from Salman Khan's film12:21 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Lollywood’s much-awaited ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ finally has ...07:25 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022