Russia to build 6 nuclear power units in India
MOSCOW: Russian President Vladimir Putin said his country planned to build six nuclear power units in India over 20 years.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his visit to Moscow, signed energy and other deals.
However media report says, no progress was announced on an anticipated purchase of S-400 missiles, Russia’s top-of-the-line anti-aircraft defence system.
“I see in Russia a prominent partner in India’s economic transformation,” Mr Modi said after the two leaders agreed to ease the visa requirements between the two nations.
They also oversaw the signing of several agreements involving Russia’s state nuclear corporation and the Russian Railways, among others.
The two countries agreed on the location of a new Russian nuclear energy plant in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, with Moscow already building a nuclear plant in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Sanam Jung addresses divorce rumours and why she isn’t living with ...10:52 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- APML shares Pervez Musharraf’s latest picture, asking for prayers10:29 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman all praise for DailyPakistan reporter celebrating Lahore ...09:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan drops a stunning selfie after second child's birth08:11 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021