PM Imran rules out social media ban in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday said his government is not going to impose a ban on any social media application.
The PM, however, clarified at the same time, “we also can’t let anyone insult or spread false information about government organisations or the people working for them,” he pointed out.
PM Khan took notice of the delay in the preparation of social media regulations by the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and Ministry of Information Technology.
The PTI chief has instructed the departments to present a report regarding it to him this week.
The PTI government has recently come under severe criticism for its decisions regarding monitoring and regulating content on social media. This came after the government placed a temporary ban on online game PUBG and issued a warning to Tiktok.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020