UK’s Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
LONDON – Prince Charles, the heir to British throne, has tested positive for coronavirus, Clarence House has announced.
The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
The Prince of Wales, 71, “has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual,” the Clarence House said in a statement.
Medical advice is that it is unlikely to escalate into a more serious case, according to British media.
The prince travelled to Birkhall on Sunday before he was tested on Monday and they are both now self-isolating at the Burnham on the Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
Buckingham Palace have said the Queen "remains in good health" and last saw Charles on the morning of March 12.
Charles's last public engagement was on March 12, but he did have a number of private meetings with Highgrove and Duchy individuals, all of whom have been made aware.
Prince Albert of Monaco, who tested positive earlier this month, was in the same room as Charles at a WaterAid event in London on March 10.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020