Pakistan records 3,009 fresh cases in a day – highest single-day spike since July
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Wednesday (today) has reported of 3,009 coronavirus cases, 59 deaths in last 24 hours.
The surge in new cases is said to be the highest in four months and tally of Covid cases stands at 382,892 while the positivity rate remains unchanged for the third consecutive day at over 7%.
According to the National Command and Operations Centre (NCOC), the novel virus claimed 59 lives across the country in the past 24 hours. The death toll crosses 7,800.
Figures show the active cases have jumped to 41,115 while 1,867 patients are said to be in critical condition. 332,974 coronavirus patients have recovered in the country.
Bilawal undergoes COVID-19 test 11:24 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
KARACHI – Pakistan Peoples Party chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has isolated himself after one of his ...
Sindh remains the worst-hit province by the pandemic in terms of cases followed by Punjab.
At least 166,033 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 115,786 in Punjab, 45,314 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 16,891 in Balochistan, 27,979 in Islamabad, 6,316 in Azad Kashmir and 4,573 in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Furthermore, 2,904 individuals have lost their lives to the Covid-19 in Punjab 2,858 in Sindh, 1,339 in KP, 164 in Balochistan, 291 in Islamabad, 151 in Azad Kashmir and 96 in GB.
Pakistan has so far conducted 5,297,703 coronavirus tests and 41,583 in the last 24 hours.
To avoid the worse situation in Pakistan, the government has placed fresh restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus during its second wave.
Pakistan to close indoor restaurants to stem ... 11:18 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The federal government has decided to close indoor restaurants across Pakistan to prevent spread of ...
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- FBISE announces intermediate results 2021 tomorrow09:52 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021