Death toll in blast-hit Quetta reaches 7
QUETTA – At least seven people were killed and several injured on Sunday in a blast within limits of Shalkot police station at Hazarganji locality in Quetta, local media reported
The blast hit the city where major rally of Pakistan Democratic Movement (DPM) was being held.
According to police, the explosive device was planted in a motorcycle. The blast damaged one car and some motorcycles parked nearby the site of incident.
Security officials and law enforcement personnel have reached the site and cordoned off the area. The injured persons have been shifted to hospitals for treatment.
The Ayub Ground in Quetta, which was the PDM rally's venue is, however, 35 to 40 minutes away from the blast site.
Earlier this week, the National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) warned that Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan is planning attacks on political and religious leadership across Quetta and Peshawar in the near future.
- PIA starts Karachi-Damascus direct flights this month09:56 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases pensions of national cricketers by Rs100,00009:34 AM | 20 May, 2022
- FM Bilawal Bhutto defends ex-PM Imran’s Russia visit in US09:23 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Asif Ahmad dies in Lahore09:00 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:26 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022