Death toll in blast-hit Quetta reaches 7
QUETTA – At least seven people were killed and several injured on Sunday in a blast within limits of Shalkot police station at Hazarganji locality in Quetta, local media reported
The blast hit the city where major rally of Pakistan Democratic Movement (DPM) was being held.
According to police, the explosive device was planted in a motorcycle. The blast damaged one car and some motorcycles parked nearby the site of incident.
Security officials and law enforcement personnel have reached the site and cordoned off the area. The injured persons have been shifted to hospitals for treatment.
The Ayub Ground in Quetta, which was the PDM rally's venue is, however, 35 to 40 minutes away from the blast site.
Earlier this week, the National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) warned that Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan is planning attacks on political and religious leadership across Quetta and Peshawar in the near future.
- Holding Quran in hand, Babar Azam’s ‘girlfriend’ shares ...11:35 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- PM Imran inaugurates highest national parks in Gilgit-Baltistan ...11:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Founder of The Forex Hub, James Watts Shares his Ultimate Blueprint ...11:19 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- New TLP chief Saad Rizvi 'is a drug addict' (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- ECP delays by-elections amid second wave of COVID-1910:49 PM | 1 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020