VIDEO – US Consul General wishes blissful Ramazan to Muslims in Pakistan
LAHORE – US Consul General in Lahore, Catherine Rodriguez has wished a blissful Ramazan to Muslims across Pakistan, urging them to ‘stay home and stay safe’ in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak.
In a video message posted at the onset of the holy month of Ramazan, she said, “This Ramazan is going to be a little different but there are certain things which remain the same. This is an opportunity for self-reflection, acts of generosity, acts of charity but the most importantly acts of kindness.”
Stay home, stay safe and have a blessed Ramzan! #RamzanMubarak #USPAKPosted by US Consulate General Lahore on Friday, April 24, 2020
The US diplomat also urged people to practice social distancing as a measure to contain coronavirus pandemic. “Social distancing is important for you, your family and for the people of Pakistan to avoid health challenges caused by the coronavirus outbreak,” she added.
Rodriguez reminded people of the need to work together to flatten the curve of disease incidence.
“Bohat Shukriya (thank you very much),” she said at the end of the video.
Ramazan, the 9th month of the Islamic Hijri calendar, is observed as a month of fasting by Muslims across the globe.
- BISE Rawalpindi board declares FA, FSc 2020 Results today (check ...02:03 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sahiwal board declares FA, FSc 2020 annual result today (check result ...01:56 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Check result as BISE Bahawalpur announces FA, Fsc 2020 result today01:50 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- BISE Sargodha declares FA, FSC 2020 annual results today (check ...01:44 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Hrithik Roshan follows Mahira Khan on Instagram12:19 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sanam Saeed wants an update on motorway rape case11:56 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020