VIDEO: 32 eye surgeries under 2 torchlights shock India
The surgeries were conducted under the light of two torches at the primary healthcare centre (PHC) in Nawabganj, which like many rural areas of Uttar Pradesh gets electricity for only 12 hours a day.
“This is height of negligence. No one will be spared,” Unnao district magistrate Ravi Kumar N said on Tuesday.
A report has been sought by the state health department regarding the entire episode, the Hindustan Times reported.
Meanwhile, some relatives of the patients complained that they were not provided with any beds after the procedure, and that they were made to lie down on floors despite extreme cold weather conditions.
In the recent past, more than 60 children, mostly infants, died at a government hospital in Gorakhpur.
Oxygen shortage kills over 60 children in 5 days ... 05:40 PM | 12 Aug, 2017
NEW DELHI - At least 60 children have died over five days at a government hospital in northern India that suffered ...
Also, a hospital in Farukhabad recorded 49 deaths - 30 in neo-natal ICU and 19 during delivery - between July 20 and August 21 this year, reportedly due to a lack of oxygen supply.
- Pakistani-American Khizr Khan to head top religious freedom body in US02:40 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan condemns India’s politicization of cricket after BCCI ...01:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- ‘Sir, there is something on your chin’: US President alerted by ...01:11 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- SHC slaps Rs25,000 fine on lawyer who opposed mandatory Covid vaccine12:36 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PAKvWI: Azam Khan shifted to hospital for tests after head injury11:50 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021