Japan companies to jointly work on self-driving car technology
"We will set up a so-called self-navigation business conference so that we can discuss what measures we need to take," a land and transport ministry official said, adding that they have yet to set the agenda.
The Nikkei business daily said the government will invite Toyota, Nissan and Honda as well as Panasonic and Hitachi to the meeting, which will look at jointly developing parts and technologies related to self-driving.
The project will also involve the University of Tokyo and Nagoya University, with their research institutes handling analyses of data, the newspaper said.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will include measures on the project in his growth strategy plan, expected to be announced around June, the daily said.
As a first step, auto parts makers will standardise software for self-control navigation and for sensors that detect obstacles while driving so that they can cut development and production costs, it said.
Common technology for communication links will also be targeted to guard against accidents caused by hacking, the paper reported.
- Pakistani family killed in Canada’s Islamophobic attack laid to ...11:08 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from 26 countries amid Covid variant fears10:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021