Prince William set to arrive in Japan
On Friday he will meet fellow royals Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace before a business conference intended to showcase British innovation.
The prince, also Duke of Cambridge, is set to head to Japan's tsunami-stricken northeast on Saturday, where he will visit a playground for children.
The tour will take him to Fukushima, the prefecture that plays host to a nuclear plant that was crippled in the 2011 tsunami.
Tens of thousands of people were forced from their homes when three of the plant's four reactors went into meltdown, spewing toxic radiation over a large area.
Many of those made homeless by the disaster remain displaced, and scientists say it could be decades before some areas are safe for human habitation again.
William is due to leave Japan on Sunday, bound for Beijing. The last time a major member of Britain's royal family visited Japan was in 2008 when the duke's father, Prince Charles, came with his wife Camilla.
When the late Princess Diana visited Japan for the first time in 1986, nearly 100,000 people flocked to a parade in Tokyo, as so-called "Diana Fever" swept the nation, with many Japanese women emulating her fashion.
- 20 more matches decided in 2nd Tennis Lovers Punjab Open Tennis ...08:15 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021