Germany to provide Pakistan over €22m in financial assistance
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Hammad Azhar has opined that the financial assistance from Germany will support key priority sectors of the government like renewable energy, social health protection and access to financial services.
The Minister said the Pakistani government honors and appreciates financial cooperation from Germany and looks forward to strengthening bilateral relations in the future specifically after the Government-to-Government negotiations in September this year.
The agreement signed between the two countries under the Pakistan-Germany Development Programme is for financial assistance worth 22.4 million Euros to support existing projects in renewable energies, better grid connections and improved access to financial services.
Secretary, Economic Affairs Division Noor Ahmed and Charge'd' Affaires of the German Embassy Dr. Jens Jokisch signed the document on behalf of their respective organizations.
Under the agreement, support for Social Health Protection schemes in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan is also included which shall provide health insurance to underprivileged masses and investments for polio eradication in collaboration with Ministry of National Health Services.
Both sides looked forward to having meaningful deliberations in the upcoming Government to Government Negotiations in Berlin this year to commit funds for future projects.
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020