Germany to provide Pakistan over €22m in financial assistance
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Hammad Azhar has opined that the financial assistance from Germany will support key priority sectors of the government like renewable energy, social health protection and access to financial services.
The Minister said the Pakistani government honors and appreciates financial cooperation from Germany and looks forward to strengthening bilateral relations in the future specifically after the Government-to-Government negotiations in September this year.
The agreement signed between the two countries under the Pakistan-Germany Development Programme is for financial assistance worth 22.4 million Euros to support existing projects in renewable energies, better grid connections and improved access to financial services.
Secretary, Economic Affairs Division Noor Ahmed and Charge'd' Affaires of the German Embassy Dr. Jens Jokisch signed the document on behalf of their respective organizations.
Under the agreement, support for Social Health Protection schemes in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan is also included which shall provide health insurance to underprivileged masses and investments for polio eradication in collaboration with Ministry of National Health Services.
Both sides looked forward to having meaningful deliberations in the upcoming Government to Government Negotiations in Berlin this year to commit funds for future projects.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019