Mustafa Kamal secures protective bail in Karachi corruption case
KARACHI - The Sindh High Court (SHC) granted protective bail to Pak Saarzameen Party (PSP) leader Mustafa Kamal against Rs1 million surety on Friday.
The bail was granted pertaining to the National Accountability Bureau's reference filed against the PSP leader and others regarding the alleged illegal allotment of around 5,500 square yards of commercial land for a multistory building.
A two-member bench of the SHC comprising Justice Mohammad Iqbal Kalhoro and Justice Shamsuddin Abbasi approved Kamal's request but asked Kamal's counsel why they were seeking bail if only notices had been issued by NAB .
NAB files reference against Mustafa Kamal in ... 05:35 PM | 22 Jun, 2019
KARACHI - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) filed a reference against Pak Saarzameen Party Chief Mustafa Kamal ...
Talking to newsmen, Kamal said that he did not have any benami accounts and had not stolen even three rupees; he contended that he was being issued a notice for a case which has no basis.
"I need to seek bail and this is very shocking for me," he said and claimed that nothing had been proven and he would be acquitted in the case.
An accountability court had reissued notices to Kamal and two others for the third time on on July 11 and the court had taken notice of the former mayor’s absence, directing him to appear before the court on July 27.
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019