Pakistan invites India's Sushma Swaraj, Amarinder Singh to attend Kartarpur ceremony
Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, Punjab Chief Minister Captain (retd) Amarinder Singh and former Indian cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu have been sent invitations on the behalf of Pakistan, the foreign minister said.
On behalf of Pakistan I have extended an invitation to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj @SushmaSwaraj ,Capt Amarinder Singh @capt_amarinder & Navjot Singh Sidhu @sherryontopp to attend the groundbreaking ceremony at #Kartarpura on 28 Nov, 2018.#PakistanKartarpuraSpirit— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) November 24, 2018
Qureshi said that Pakistan's positive attitude is in front of all the world, adding that they are following the policy given by Prime Minister Imran Khan in his victory speech after winning the general elections on July 26
Imran Khan to India
He had said, "I think it will be very good for all of us if we have good relations with India. We need to have trade ties, and the more we will trade, both countries will benefit. The unfortunate truth is that Kashmir is a core issue, and the situation in Kashmir, and what the people of Kashmir have seen in the last 30 years …. they have really suffered.
Pakistan and India’s leadership should sit at a table and try to fix this problem. It’s not going anywhere.
We are at square one right now [with India]. If India’s leadership is ready, we are ready to improve ties with India. If you step forward one step, we will take two steps forward.
I say this with conviction, this will be the most important thing for the subcontinent, for both countries to have friendship."
Navjot Singh Sidhu's Views
Earlier today, Sidhu talking to Indian media said the invitation was 'from the same person who had called me when I was invited for the swearing-in ceremony'.
Navjot Singh Sidhu invited to Kartarpur ... 03:33 PM | 24 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former Indian cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu has received an invitation from Prime ...
The politician expressed that it will be an honour to be a part of the history, however, hastened to add that he will go to Pakistan if the Indian government permits so.
'There will not be a happier moment than the time when my turban touches the ground where Guru Nanak Dev once walked. It was an unfulfilled wish of my parents,' an emotional Sidhu said.
When asked whether he will attend the ceremony on the Indian side of the border, the minister replied in the affirmative.
In an earlier tweet, Sidhu had welcomed his government’s decision to accept Pakistan’s proposal to build the Kartarpur corridor saying it will 'burn animosity' between the countries.
Thank you @ImranKhanPTI Bhai, we welcome the positive step, it means the world to us. You’re a gem! This is a great service to mankind. Kudos to you!— Navjot Singh Sidhu (@sherryontopp) November 22, 2018
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮ ਚੜਦੀ ਕਲਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਸਰਬਤ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ| pic.twitter.com/xehaXTfzTm
It will build bridges, burn animosity and will act like a soothing balm for two neighbouring countries, he tweeted.
The Gurdwara Kartarpur Darbar Sahib in Pakistan's Narowal city holds religious significance for the Sikh community; It is the place where Baba Guru Nanak settled down after his travels as a missionary.
Sikh community welcomes Pakistan's decision to ... 12:01 AM | 10 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - The Sikh community in Pakistan, India and Europe has warmly welcomed Pakistan government's decision to open ...
Prime Minister Imran Khan would formally open the Kartarpur border on November 28th along with other government functionaries.
- Petroleum dealers warns of countrywide strike over low profit10:48 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Muzaffar Ali Ranja appointed chairman of Prime Minister’s ...09:59 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shoaib Akhtar shares unique view of Holy Kaaba09:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:34 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain share stunning pictures from vacation09:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022