Afghanistan's 'superhero' who killed 6 Taliban single handedly
Essa Khan Laghmani, 28, shot dead the Taliban insurgents who launched a gun and grenade assault on the parliament, reported Business Insider.
Laghmani said, he effortlessly knocked down his targets as though they were skittles in a bowling alley.
President Ashraf Ghani awarded him a three-bedroom apartment, former warlord General Dostum gifted him a pickup truck and some lawmakers pledged him a month of their salaries and other cash rewards to offer their gratitude.
That's not all.
His posters are splashed around Kabul, a provincial governor has named a major thoroughfare after him and Afghanistan's starstruck youth have posted poems on social media to extol his "heroism".
"He killed six terrorists with six bullets. He saved the lives of MPs," defence ministry spokesman Dawlat Waziri said. "His bravery deserves to be celebrated."
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021