Court restrains Meesha Shafi from making "defamatory statements" against Ali Zafar till final verdict, issues stay order
Judge Shehzad Ahmed to whom the chairmanship belonged has issued a stay order against Meesha who can further on not comment on Ali on any forum until the final decision is given regarding the case. She should refrain from "making any derogatory remarks" against Ali "in any manner on print or electronic or social media" said the court.
Meesha was not present at the hearing of the case however she is bound to present the court with a reply by July 5th.
In the case lodged by Zafar’s legal counsel, it is claimed that Shafi’s allegations were already dismissed a few weeks ago at the ombudsman’s office which is the official organisation that protects women from harassment.
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021