India — Ruling BJP lawmaker booked for robbing hospital
GORAKHPUR – A case has been registered against a lawmaker of India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for alleged robbery at Panacea Hospital in Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh state.
MP Kamlesh Paswan, however, denied the allegation and urged the police to check the videos of the incident thoroughly, reported Indian media.
"I have not looted anything while I was in the hospital. Why will I do that? No MP will ever do that. The SSP must first check the footages that they have received of the incidents. It's a conspiracy by the opposition to tarnish my image in the political circle," he told ANI.
He said that complaints must be booked under sections 419 and 420 of the Indian Penal Code if the allegations against him proved wrong.
A further investigation into the matter is underway.
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020